***DISCONTINUED - CLICK HERE FOR REPLACEMENTS***
VXR-9000VC-PKG1. The new VXR-9000 is a rack mount 50 W, 32 channel repeater. It can be used in Base or Repeat mode. COMPLETE SYSTEM PACKAGES AVAILABLE(Special System Price Book can be found under FILES Tab)Six programmable function keys are located up front for easy operation. With over 20 different functions available in programming, the function keys can assist with common functions custom designed to your needs.There is an up front loudspeaker with volume for monitoring. Add the optional desk mic and you have a fully function base station with 32 channels and scan.The rear panel has inputs for backup power if your main DC power supply should fail (there is no internal power supply). If the repeater does revert to the backup DC supply, it can be programmed to send a CW alert over the air to let you know of the problem. There are many programmable CW messages that can used.Features like intelligent built in fan, command sequences, multi-tone operation push this repeater to the next level ! FEATURES:Backup Power SupplyFor uninterrupted operation during power failures, a 12-volt rechargeable type battery (55-Ah or more recommended) may be connected to the BACKUP terminal posts on the rear panel.In the event of an unexpected interruption of the Main DC Power Source, the automatic power control circuit will automatically switch the repeater to the backup battery, and operation will not be interrupted.After prolonged operation from the battery, (Backup Power Source), it should be disconnected from the repeater and recharged separately before re-connecting.Never reapply the Main Power Source to the repeater with a discharged battery connected as backup, as the DC startup current can damage the repeater and battery. While operating from a backup battery, the repeater requires approximately 7 amperes at 12 Volts during transmit.Programmable Function KeysThere are six programmable function keys on the front face of the repeater. There are over 20 functions available for programming to these buttons. Each button can also have a secondary function for a total of 12 separate functions from a relatively simple layout. Functionality and ease of use.Available Key FunctionsSome of the available functions for these keys are:Channel up/down Audio Compander on/off CTCSS/DCS toggle (on/off) Send CW message (1 - 8) KeyLock Local PTT Panel lights on/off Repeat on/off Remote accessory toggle (on/off) and many many more..... Built in intelligent fan The built in fan has a malfunction detect output to alert you if should ever fail due to obstruction, mechanical or electrical failure.
High Power Output For Exceptional Reach and Performance
- 32 Channels
- 50 Watts or 100 Watts
- VHF: 134 – 160 MHz; 148 – 174 MHz
- UHF: 400 – 430 MHz; 450 – 480 MHz
- 6 Dual-Function Programmable Keys
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Can perform in repeater or base station mode depending on the application. Includes Priority Channel scanning capability for efficient communications monitoring.
- Power Supply Backup With Alert
- Should DC power fail at the repeater site, the VXR-9000 will automatically revert to a backup DC power source if connected. Under backup DC power, the repeater will transmit an alert message to notify the operator that immediate attention is required at the repeater site.
- Designed For High Reliability
- The cooling fan diameter is 3+ inches and thermostatically controlled to ensure a stable temperature environment. Fan operation may be programmed for three options: off, continuous or temperature-controlled, depending on the application. A malfunction alarm is also included.
- Flexible, Automatic Command Sequence Configuration
- May be programmed to perform a five-step sequence of commands for certain operating events. For example, during a DC power failure when the repeater switches to a backup power supply, the repeater can be programmed to switch to low power and send a CW ID advising of the situation, etc.
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013.
- Additional Features
- • 47 CTCSS / 108 DCS Codes Encode and Decode
• CW ID Transmitter
• CW Message
• Multi-Tone Decode
• Compander Per Channel
• D-Sub 25 Pin Accessory Connector
• Automatic DC Backup Switching Alert
• EIA Rack Mount Size
- • Voice Inversion Encryption and DTMF Paging
• Rolling Code Encryption