At Two Way Direct, we offer the chance to channel your skills and experience into a meaningful career. From customer service, to sales and marketing, to human resources, accounting finance and IT, you’ll find a team that thrives on collaboration and diverse perspectives, and an environment that continually challenges and recognizes your talents.
Here's a list of our current job openings:
Two-Way Radio Repair Technician
Two Way Direct, Inc. provides a broad line of high-performance wireless communications products, services, and complete mobility solutions. When hiring we seek above average candidates that have a strong desire to help our organization grow, have an undeniable work ethic, and are committed to being the best. Founded in 2004, Two Way Direct is one of the largest online two-way radio distributors serving customers located throughout the United States.
As a Radio Repair Technician you will be responsible for optimizing, maintaining, trouble shooting and repairing analog and digital Two Way Radios and other wireless communication systems at the customer site and/or our Two Way Direct facility in Carlsbad, CA. Duties include installation, preventative maintenance, testing, repairing, and modifying various 2-way radio infrastructures, wireless messaging systems, or wireless broadband solutions. We perform system design, troubleshoot, program, and install radio equipment and wireless systems for a variety of customers. Wireless communications systems include: complex radio systems for public safety and enterprise customers. Our Technicians must have excellent communication skills, be motivated, customer service oriented and have a professional attitude and appearance.
* Install, maintain and provide technical support and service of wireless communications equipment such as: UHF/VHF and 800/900 MHz analog and digital systems. Operating mobile, portable radio equipment, dispatch consoles, and microwave systems, using both conventional and trunked radio technologies.
* Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve wireless communication equipment problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner.
* Repair customer equipment by replacing defective modules or components through standard troubleshooting procedures and practices.
* Ability to diagnosis and repair public address systems and BDA systems.
* Recommend appropriate hardware and peripheral equipment that meets customer requirements.
* Provide hands-on and oversight of communications equipment and peripheral hardware installation such as base stations, repeaters, mobile devices, portable devices, wireless broadband devices, and cctv equipment. Analyze and comprehend diagnostic test results in order to repair and program radios and wireless equipment.
* Deliver and execute customer Functional Acceptance Test Plans (FATP), perform and document results of site surveys and assessments per defined customer requirements in pre-sales delivery and post installation.
* Work with customers to prepare quotes, bids, and schedules for completing installation and repair tasks.
* Make minor modifications to electronic circuitry per customer requests and/or deploy factory software/firmware updates.
* Some travel and on call maybe required.
3+ years Service Technician experience in diagnosing, repairing, programming, and installing Motorola, Kenwood, ICOM, Vertex equipment in the 2-way radio wireless and /or communication field.
* Extensive knowledge/understanding of 2-way radio theory, RF propagation characteristics at various frequency bands and communications systems.
* Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints, and diagrams.
* Knowledge of battery backup systems, base stations, repeaters, multicouplers and duplexers, basic TCP/IP principles and NIC programming.
* Proficiency in operating various test equipment including but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, system analyzers, watt meters, TDR's, FDR's, and multi-meters.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Candidates must possess clean driving record and valid driver's license.
* CET Certification
* FCC Certification
* IPC610D Soldering Certification preferred
* 2 year Associate degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent.
* R56 Certified Installer
* Certification in various MotoTRBO products and systems (Connect+, Capacity+, Linked Capacity+, IP Site Connect, etc. . .)
* Knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment at the component level.
* Security Clearance
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org